WEBINAR SERIES | Well Completion with Jonathan Bellarby
Improving casing design by integrating torque and drag analysis into the workflow
Wednesday, June 9th CET 10:00 - 11:30 AM
Do you want to increase your in-depth knowledge of torque & drag analysis and how to optimize your designs using Oliasoft WellDesign?
In this free Webinar, Jonathan Bellarby will give you an introduction to torque and drag analysis and how you can easily apply it by using Oliasoft WellDesign.
This is the third webinar of a 4-part webinar series with Jonathan Bellarby.
This third webinar will cover the following topics
- The generic workflow for torque and drag analysis.
- Basic theory for torque and drag.
- Review of the most relevant results from a torque and drag analysis and the influencing factors and which input parameters are critical and why.
- Demonstration of how to perform T&D analysis in WellDesign for running a liner in a high angle well.
By attending the webinar on June 9th, you will learn more about
- How torque and drag theory has been integrated into software.
- How to use the Oliasoft Torque and Drag module to analyse drilling, casing, and completion operations.
- How to perform torque and drag analysis and integrate the results into the well design.
- Calculate scenarios including tension, fatigue, buckling and triaxial stress.
Did you miss this webinar?
Register here to get access to the recorded session
Jonathan Bellarby is a Senior Petroleum Engineer with long-standing stress analysis and well design expertise – often for challenging wells such as deepwater, HPHT, or unconventional resources. With 30 years of experience in over 50 countries, Jonathan consults and runs training courses in completion and well design and is the author of the textbook Well Completion Design. Jonathan has been working with Oliasoft to develop the stress engineering capabilities of the software.
Other webinars in this webinar series with Jonathan Bellarby
Wednesday, April 21st | The first webinar will cover the following topics
- The generic workflow for casing design.
- Material properties of casing and tubing.
- Basic data entry into Oliasoft WellDesign.
- Demonstration of a production casing worked example using Oliasoft WellDesign for a platform well.
Wednesday, May 12th | The second webinar will cover the following topics
- Quick run-through of setting up a casing design using Oliasoft WellDesign
- Introduction to yield, grade and stress theory
- Overview axial, burst, collapse and triaxial load cases with entry of standard and customs casing loads
- Overview of basic output including stresses and safety factors
Wednesday, June 23rd | The fourth webinar will cover the following topics
- Introduction to temperature simulations and the purpose of performing such simulations.
- Demonstration of how to set up and perform various temperature simulation operations in WellDesign.
- How to set up relevant tubing and casing loads based on these simulations.
- Overview of completion design in Oliasoft including packer designs.
The Oliasoft WellDesign’s Torque and Drag Module
Along with Trajectory-, Casing-, Tubing Design and Blowout & Kill, the Torque & Drag module is an integrated module in the Oliasoft WellDesign package.
Use the Oliasoft Torque and Drag module to analyse drilling, casing, and completion operations, and assess the impact of predicted loads related to torque and drag in soft string, stiff string, and hybrid configurations. Calculate scenarios including tension, fatigue, buckling and triaxial stress.
Harness the module with the full power of the Oliasoft WellDesign suite to run sensitivity on torque and drag based on a large number of trajectory or casing designs.
- Torque and drag calculations for drilling, casing and completion operations
- Full BHA editor including motors and other torque and drag generating components
- Complete buckling and stress analysis including Yield and Von Mises stress
- Full 3D view of downhole string analysis
- Bulk calculation of multiple scenarios based on trajectory and casing design
- Supports full soft string, hybrid and stiff string analysis