WEBINAR SERIES | Well Completion with Jonathan Bellarby
Understand and use temperature
simulation for tubing and casing design
Wednesday, June 23rd CET 10:00 - 11:30 AM
Do you want to increase your in-depth knowledge of temperature influence and changes in well designs and how you can integrate thermal simulations into your casing design by using Oliasoft WellDesign?
In this free Webinar, Jonathan Bellarby will give you an introduction to tubing design and temperature simulation theory and how you can easily apply it by using Oliasoft WellDesign.
This is the fourth and last webinar of a 4-part webinar series with Jonathan Bellarby.
This fourth webinar will cover the following topics
- Introduction to temperature simulations and the purpose of performing such simulations.
- Demonstration of how to set up and perform various temperature simulation operations in WellDesign.
- How to set up relevant tubing and casing loads based on these simulations.
- Overview of completion design in Oliasoft including packer designs.
By attending the webinar on June 23rd, you will learn more about
- Which thermal simulations you need to perform and what input factors are critical for both casing and tubing design.
- How to interpret the results from the temperature simulation engine.
- How to interpret the completion and packer load results.
- Real-life example on production casing using Oliasoft WellDesign.
Did you miss this webinar?
Register here to get access to the recorded session
Jonathan Bellarby is a Senior Petroleum Engineer with long-standing stress analysis and well design expertise – often for challenging wells such as deepwater, HPHT, or unconventional resources. With 30 years of experience in over 50 countries, Jonathan consults and runs training courses in completion and well design and is the author of the textbook Well Completion Design. Jonathan has been working with Oliasoft to develop the stress engineering capabilities of the software.
Other webinars in this webinar series with Jonathan Bellarby
Wednesday, April 21st | The first webinar will cover the following topics
- The generic workflow for casing design.
- Material properties of casing and tubing.
- Basic data entry into Oliasoft WellDesign.
- Demonstration of a production casing worked example using Oliasoft WellDesign for a platform well.
Wednesday, May 12th | The second webinar will cover the following topics
- Quick run-through of setting up a casing design using Oliasoft WellDesign
- Introduction to yield, grade and stress theory
- Overview axial, burst, collapse and triaxial load cases with entry of standard and customs casing loads
- Overview of basic output including stresses and safety factors
Wednesday, June 9th | The third webinar will cover the following topics
- The generic workflow for torque and drag analysis.
- Basic theory for torque and drag.
- Review of the most relevant results from a torque and drag analysis and the influencing factors and which input parameters are critical and why.
- Demonstration of how to perform T&D analysis in WellDesign for running a liner in a high angle well.
Oliasoft WellDesign’s Tubing Design module
Along with Trajectory-, Casing-, Drilling Mechanics and Blowout & Kill, the Tubing Design module is an integrated module in the Oliasoft WellDesign package.
The Oliasoft Tubing Design Module is built on an advanced finite volume thermal simulator able to calculate temperature and pressure development for every well configuration.
The Module supports multistring analysis – including wellhead growth and annular fluid expansion – ensuring analysis of advanced temperature effects of dynamic systems compliant with all industry standards.
These simulations integrate with the functionality of the rest of the Oliasoft WellDesign suite, adjustments in other modules triggering re-calculations that update tubing design calculations automatically.
- Transient temperature and pressure simulation of production, injection, circulation and shut-in scenarios
- Multi-string analysis including annular fluid expansion and wellhead growth
- Simulation for unlimited number of nested operations
- Packer loads on tubing and casing
- Multiphase flow correlations
- Automatic phase envelope generation from PVT specifications