Learn more about blowout & kill simulations and how to perform them using Oliasoft WellDesign
Thursday, September 24, we hosted a Webinar on blowout and kill theory.
Could not attend? Watch a recording of the webinar here ⬇️
The intention of the webinar was to learn our participants more about the factors that influence flow in a well out of control and which measures can be taken upfront to ensure that you will be able to control it.
During the webinar, we also demonstrated how easy it is to utilize Oliasoft's blowout and killing module to ensure that your design is robust - also from a blowout and kill point of view.
Want to learn more about the theory behind blowout and kill preparedness and how to conduct simulations in-house?
In this free Webinar, Thomas Selbekk, a well control engineer with
experience from several blowouts worldwide, will introduce you to the theory behind blowout & kill simulations and how to perform these in Oliasoft WellDesign.
Along with Trajectory, Casing and Tubing Design, Blowout & Kill is a module in the Oliasoft WellDesign package. The module provides a
probabilistic simulation of blowout rates as well as containing a
dynamic kill engine. The simulations take the uncertainty of the input
parameters into account, providing the blowout results as a probability range expressing various probabilistic scenarios.
The dynamic kill module contains a transient simulation model
providing required mud weight and pumping rates to kill the blowout,
and it calculates the required pumping resources based on the relief well constructed in the trajectory and casing modules.
In the webinar on September 24th, you can learn how to achieve this
easily in Oliasoft WellDesign.
Content of the webinar:
- Inflow performance
- Lift curves
- Blowout scenarios
- Dynamic Kill
- Relief well design
- Performing blowout and kill simulations in Oliasoft WellDesign
In this webinar you will learn:
- The theory behind blowout and kill simulations
- How to use Oliasoft WellDesign to perform blowout and kill
- The opportunity to perform blowout and kill analysis in-house, improving engineering competence
- How to use Oliasoft WellDesign to run sensitivities and optimize
your well design
- Practical information:
When: September 24, 2020.
- Time: Two webinars will be held this day - covering time zones for all potential participants.
- Webinar #1, Asia & early in Europe: 9:00 - 10:30 CEST (UTC +2) | 15:00-16:30 AWST (UTC +8)
- Webinar #2, America & late in Europe): 16:00 - 17:30 CEST (UTC +2) | 9:00 - 10:30 CDT (UTC -5)
- Price: Free
Where: Online. The link will be shared with the registered participants the day before the webinar.